Every year, Christmas rolls around, and I am reminded how tough it is to shop for guys! Why do we ladies have such a hard time with creative ideas for our men? I know, in my case, Jeremy hardly ever has ideas for himself, so I have to pull out the ole' thinking cap and try to think of things that he will enjoy. After lots of brainstorming, I've put together the Peach & Pine gift guide for the handy guy for every price point!
I would like to start this off with a little back story...Jeremy has not always been as handy as he is now. He grew up watching his dad fix and build things and helping him out, but he didn't really learn for himself until he had to. When we were dating in college, his Playstation broke and he needed a tiny little screwdriver to fix it, so we made our first trip together to the local hardware store and he bought his very first tool...a miniscule little screwdriver to fix his gaming console. I mean I bet this thing was only 4 inches long. He was SO proud of his hardware store purchase and toted it around for weeks (and I teased him mercilessly). But by george he fixed that Playstation, and that began an interest in hand tools and building things that has now turned into a true passion.
Every time I've googled "gift ideas for handy men," I just get a list of tools. Tools are great, and I've included a couple of our favorites, but if all I ever got Jeremy was tools, life would be boring, so I tried to give some variety! Stay tuned, too, because I have an exclusive discount for you on what I think is one of the best of the bunch!
1. Kreg Jig Pocket Hole System. If you're buying for a tool junkie, this may just be the thing he doesn't have yet that is going to change his world. At less than $40, this is a useful and affordable tool that changes the game in furniture building. Jeremy uses it all the time. We don't know what we did without it! For an even cheaper stocking stuffer or gift on a budget, there is a smaller "mini" kreg jig kit too for less than $20!
2. I'm sure by now you've heard of these climate controlled mugs (YETI brand is the most famous), but Jeremy has this RTIC brand tumbler that is only $11 on Amazon. If he is working on a home project, you better believe that tumbler is right next to him the whole time.
3. You know that fruit of the loom commercial where they say "you shouldn't buy underwear for everyone." Well this is true. If you're buying for your favorite plumber who has become a friend of the family, maybe don't go for boxer briefs. But for your hubby who is always on the go and wants some super comfy boxers that "breathe" when he is spending hours in the attic fixing the HVAC, these from Pair of Thieves are the bomb.com. Jeremy will attest.
4. Candles are the go-to gift for those hard to buy females in your life, but what about the men? This particular one is from this one from Ranger Station Supply Co, and the scent is Leather & Pine. What is more "handyman" approved than that? This Christmas get him a man-dle (man candle, get it?). Also you'll be supporting small business by buying one of these awesome masculine candles! (Get one here! https://rangerstation.co/collections/shop-all/products/leather-pine)
5. I asked Jeremy what his favorite tool is, and he answered quickly by saying his miter saw. If you're looking for a bigger splurge item that will take up a lot of space under the tree, a miter saw is a must have for anyone who builds anything. We have this one from hitachi and we love it.
6. Any handyman needs something to listen to while he toils away at those taxing projects. Jeremy & I both love audiobooks and podcasts while we paint walls or sand furniture, and this time of year, I'm usually streaming Christmas music from our bluetooth speaker. There are hundreds of bluetooth speakers on the market, and this one is definitely a splurge (they do make cheaper models), but Bang & Olufsen knows how to do wireless sound right. It looks awesome, it's easily portable, and the sound quality is top notch. We use it almost daily!
7. Funny story about this tool bag. When I was researching tool bags for this post with Jeremy on the couch next to me, I pulled this one up and he immediately said "buy me that right now." So now this exact tool bag is being shipped to our house because it looks awesome!
8. When Jeremy is working on a house project, one of his most used items is a pad of paper and a pencil. For sketching designs, writing measurements, or jotting down ideas, any handyman will get good use out of a good looking notepad. I love this one because you can keep the leather binding forever and simply refill the pages!
9. If the handyman in your life doesn't already have steel-toed boots, this may just be the year for it. We stumbled across a pair for Jeremy at a thrift shop in Manhattan, and he loves those things. Surely Chip Gaines wears steel toed boots for demo day. Whether the handy guy in your life is out raking leaves or tearing out drywall, steel toed boots will never go out of style. I like this particular pair because I feel like they also look stylish and could be worn anywhere!
10. JORD wood watches! I seriously love this one. You may remember me talking about my JORD watch back in this post. JORD sent me a wood watch to try over the summer, and I was willing to give it a shot. But I have seriously worn it nearly every day since then. I fell in love with it! This post may be sponsored, but I'm not exaggerating my affinity for these wood watches. Jeremy has been coveting my watch from day one. So, when JORD offered to send him one and have it personalized, he was like a kid at Christmas (oh wait...it is Christmas).
Jeremy chose the Frankie watch in Dark Sandalwood & Smoke. I think this watch is the perfect gift for a handyman because it's crafted from quality wood. For someone who enjoys building things and working with his hands, it will feel like the perfect representation of who he is.
I love buying Jeremy things to wear, and I'm pretty sure he is going to wear this watch daily. The wood and the gray just fit him.
What makes this even better is that if you are looking for an engraved gift for any guy or girl in your life, JORD now offers watch engraving to make this gift even more personal. It's just $35 to engrave the watch itself or $45 to engrave the beautiful box that it comes in. We chose to engrave the watch with one of Jeremy's favorite verses.
But wait...even more good news. I have an exclusive GIVEAWAY! A $25 off coupon code for you to use on the site! Just follow this link to purchase your own wood watch as a Christmas gift (or even for yourself).
You will be asked to enter your email address, and you will automatically receive a $25 code to use.
There are lots of watches to choose from, and each one is so gorgeous.
This is obviously a sponsored post, but I'm proud to say I have been a JORD wearer for months now, and I am truly a fan of this product, and I think the unique wood construction is perfect for the DIY lovers in your life.
I hope this list gave you a few fresh ideas for gifts for those you love! Give your time and your love freely this holiday season. Merry Christmas!