It has been a long time since I updated you on the renovations in our basement. When I last left you, we had just finished our master bedroom--our biggest project yet. After we finished that room, we were sitting in our basement den and realized the room would become much more functional with the addition of a half wall, and armed with the skills Jeremy had recently acquired in electric wiring and wall building, we decided to build a mud room. We finished it to the point where it currently stands a couple of months ago. Then i painted the whole basement. Then I hated the color and painted it all again.Here is a look head on before... And after... Here is what the room used to look like from the studio room.
And what it looks like now. And here is what it looked like from the back wall when we bought it. And now. And a few more photos. This room is hard to take photos of because the natural light is minimal. But I think this gives you an idea. It is still very much a decorative work in progress. I have a lot of work to do to get it to the cozy space that I envision in my head.
Eventually this mudroom area will look something like this. Imagine a stained built-in bench and some antique hooks I got at the flea market. I think it's going to make this basement so much more functional!