After teasing at bits and pieces of the living room through various projects for a while, I think it's finally time to give the big picture of what our living room currently looks like. This is truly the heart of our home and where we spend the majority of our time. It is also the first room that is starting to feel complete. Welcome to our home. Come in and have a cup of coffee. We can share stories.
psst...check out the house tour section of the blog up on the navigation menu to see more home tour photos of the whole house and a source list for everything found in the rooms. And for details on how we chose our wall color, see here.
And because it's hard to share the living room without giving a peek into the kitchen nook...
So here's the low down on our to-do list; where we are and what I still would like to complete:
- Paint the room revere pewter
- Build a floating console table
- Find a pair of side chairs
- Find a side table for the chairs
- Find a two-tone TV stand
- Gallery wall behind the TV
- Art above the console table
- Install double layer curtains
- sew pillows for the couch
- Get a jute rug
- Install crown molding
- Install full length sheer curtains (they are currently too short)
- Build and paint the banquette
- Find a new industrial style kitchen table
- Find and recover chairs
- Sew pillows
- Hang plate wall
- Install faux roman shades over the windows
- Cushion for the banquette